Article highlights Rev. Chuck Merrill’s Legacy
According to Trish Merrill, anyone who knew her late husband Chuck knows that he cared most about peace and justice. In the months following the death of Reverend J. Charles â€œChuckâ€ Merrill â€™59, Trish and long-time friend and fraternity brother Bruce Barrick â€™71 conceived of a way both to honor Chuck’s legacy and to further the social justice issues for which he cared deeply. [Read more]
Crandell Addington ’61 of San Antonio featured in local business press
According to the San Antonio Business Journal, “Local entrepreneur and former professional poker player Crandell Addington says the stuffed rattlesnake on his office coffee table helps to keep people honest during business meetings.” [Read the full article here]
More of Brother Addington on the Web:
Lecturing at Harvard Law
News & Notes
- Alumni Treasurer, Brother Alan Haworth visited the 1960’s Kappa Sigma Reunion in Salado and filed this report. [Read the post on Iotachapter.org]
- Southwestern recently ended the 2007/2008 academic year. With graduation and the end of the academic term, the Alumni Association gained six new members, and the Active Chapter initiated 10 brothers.
- Kappa Sigma alumnus David Craig Stanford, Class of ’82, and wife Tava Miyata Stanford announced the birth of their twins, Lucille Louise Stanford (LuLu) and Canter Kazunori Stanford (Kaz), born November 11, 2007. Craig now ranks the third oldest father of newborns in the United States, behind David Letterman (2nd) and the now deceased Tony Randall (1st).
Events: Past & Future
Alumni Weekend 2008
By the numbers
Homecoming 2008, Calling all Homecoming Queens!
Brother William McCall â€˜88 has issued a challenge. He urges Iota Chapter Alumni and the Active Chapter to participate in the 100th Year of Southwestern Homecoming with a float in the Saturday morning parade down the Academic Mall. [Read more]
The percentage now participating in “Alumni Dues” annual giving continues to grow
Membership dues to the Iota Chapter Alumni Association are a suggested minimum contribution of $60 per year. Many brothers, especially younger alums, have opted for a monthly credit card donation in the range of $10-20 dollars. Contact Alan Haworth, Treasurer, by phone (214) 536-6268 or email to set-up a regular donation.
Of course, you may also send a check, payable to Iota Chapter Alumni Association to the address listed below:
9135 Drumcliffe Ln
Dallas, TX 75231
Alumni on the Web
On the Iotachapter.org Web site, check out the “Links” section to Alumni on the Web. Many Iota brothers are active online, personally, professional, academically, and charitably and we’ll take advantage of the Iota Chapter Web site to serve as a hub for this rich collection of online content.
Here are a few examples of blogs I’ve been reading:
- Crosscountry Adventures, by Isaac Smith ’02
- Unsquare Dance, by Jeff James ’04 (also our IotaChapter.org Web master
- grog blog, a caveman designer blog, by Chet Lofgren ’00
- I Tri, Therefore I Am…, by Jeremiah Jarrell ’96
Send me your own content or those of your brothers to share.
Next Issue of Iota Alumni News:
To submit news, notes, or ideas for Iota Alumni News, please contact Jonathan Goodman at 817.923.1997 or jbgoodman [at] alumni [dot] southwestern [dot] edu