The ritual of Sigma summertime work weekends continues…
As Brother Pat Sparks describes, “progressive maintenance” entails upkeep of the grounds and the House itself.
Focus for this weekend:
- Painting, a lot of it
- “Spring” cleaning
- Site improvements.
Recommendations, ideas, suggestions, questions are really appreciated.
- Friday 1pm – dark: Pat and Russell will be onsite getting this started
- Saturday 8am: Start the day, divide and conquer Erik’s top ten list.
- Saturday Dinnertime: the hungry bodies and congenial spirits find nourishment at a local spot.
- Sunday 8am-3pm: Finish up and head home with the House and your own person better off for the effort!
Other ways to help and contribute:
- we need a heavy duty vacuum cleaner like some cast off Kirby (preferably HEPA)
- a large refrigerator/freezer up to 4’ or so wide,
- repaired or replaced Chapter sliding doors,
- stainless steel wall mount racking for the kitchen,
- semi-permeable patio surface extension,
- electrical work for lighting and outlets,
- new weather tight doors on either side of the south main entry doors,
- rain barrels to hold water away from the foundation and custom awnings over the doors on the south side.
Donations in materials or contributions to the general account are welcome. Home Depot, McCoy’s and McIntire’s gift cards are another avenue of support.
We’re lucky to have an amazing group of volunteer leaders — we need all the additional muscle and brains we can get.
Having more alums and active makes the time spent really fun.
RSVP via the Facebook group, add a comment below, or just show up!
1 Comment »